Wednesday 23 February 2011

Cornwall, Chicks, Sowing and Bottling!

Ok so this time next week I’ll be 30!

Blimey! Where has the time gone! Anyhow as a special birthday treat Spen is taking me down to Cornwall. Can’t wait!

We are going to have a wander around Bodmin Moor before going onto our campsite www.campsitesincornwall.co.uk called Mena. Spen found this campsite (I had been searching but nothing I could find was open at this time of year). It mentioned that there were chickens and pigs on the campsite and he knew that was the one for us! How well he knows me!

On the big day itself we are going to the Eden Project www.edenproject.com which I’m very excited about! Never been before – I’m sure I’ll be blogging about it on our return!

And we are going for dinner at Rick Stein's Café, the sample menu looks fab www.rickstein.com/modules/documents/documents/CAFE_menu.pdf and I’m sure we will be very hungry after walking around the Eden Project all day!

But before all of that happens we have 8 eggs which should be hatching in the next few days in the incubator, Some Gold and Silver Sebrights and some silver Appenzeller’s. They look a bit like punk rockers – they will fit in perfectly with the rest of our mismatched backyard chooks! www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appenzeller_%28chicken%29



A trio of Appenzeller chickens of the Spitzhauben type. The pair on the left are males, and a hen is on the right. Owned by Alice Wilkman of Chapel Hill, North Carolina.


And we have some seed sowing to do and bottling of wine! Best get to it!

All the best!

Claire

PS that’s after we got to the Chipping Norton Social Media Club #5 (Blog Night) tonight., busy busy busy! That’s the way we like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment