Wednesday 9 March 2011

A Farmers Life for me ...............

 A Farmer’s Life for me is fronted by self-taught pig farmer Jimmy Doherty, which sees nine couples compete for the chance to run their own 25-acre farm in Suffolk, with full financial backing for the first year.

Spen and I have loved this show and every Tuesday we’ve snuggled on the sofa and watched it together.  So last night when we came to watch it and found the Hairy Bikers on instead I was quite annoyed.  Even though I do love the hairy Bikers, I was really looking forward to A Farmer’s Life For Me.  It turns out they have changed the programmes around and Jimmy’s show is now on Thursday.  Why do the BBC do this – you start getting into a programme and then they swap the night!  So frustrating!

Anyhow Episode 6 this week is about how the five remaining couples learn how to milk sheep and goats.  I would love a goat so I’m sure this is only going to make me want one more!

To catch up on all the episodes click the link below;


It’s definitely worth a watch, the only slightly annoying part of the show is the way the couples say that they want to own this farm and it has been a life long dream etc, but judging from last week can’t even build a fox proof chicken coop.  Surely if it was a life long dream you would have some idea how to go about it?

You can also buy the book ‘A Farmer's Life for Me: How to live sustainably, Jimmy's way’ from Amazon;




I’ve just order it so I’ll have a butchers at it and give a review over the coming months.

Here is also the link to Jimmy’s Farms website.


Happy viewing!

Best Love

Claire
xxx

Twitter:
@CropredyChicken
@Honestlyitseasy
@steelsyrockitup

No comments:

Post a Comment