Friday 25 March 2011

Yukky Ginger Beer that has the odour of smelly socks!

Oh dear me! After making such a big deal of making our own Ginger Beer it was disgusting!

Something obviously went wrong somewhere along the line but I honestly don’t know what and when, but it smelt like a pair of old mans dirty socks and tasted pretty much the same! Nonetheless I shall not be defeated and shall try again but I’m going to use a different recipe this time, I found this recipe from Jamie Oliver

To make 5 Gallons of ALCOHOLIC ginger beer. Use 1.5 Lbs of Ginger root. 4 Kg's of sugar. 4 or 5 Lemons. Boil and simmer all ingredients in a large pan for 30 mins(enough to get really lovely ginger taste) then pour into barrel , make sure water is lukewarm and add 2 sachets of champagne yeast.
Wait 7 days. Bottle , leave for further 7 days at room temperature then chill and enjoy!
Finished product will be around 4 - 5 % proof!

www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/other-recipes/easy-peasy-ginger-beer


On the upside I did manage to get the other two raised beds sorted out, and now I’m sat watching the grand prix qualifying working out what seeds I can sow :)


And the girls shed got sprayed to try and break the red mite cycle!

All the best!

Claire
Xx

Twitter:
@CropredyChicken
@Honestlyitseasy
@steelsyrockitup

Don’t forget you can also add us up on facebook!

www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100002085921583

No comments:

Post a Comment